Florian featured in the New York Times
Some of Florians Alaska images and videos were published on the New York Times Website as part of the "America´s wildest place is open for business" article about the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska. Or as quoted in the article it is known (or unknown) as the wildest place in America that you’ve never heard of.
Excerpt from the NYT-article:
In the far north lies one of the largest complex of wetlands in all of the Arctic — an expanse of ponds, streams and marshes larger than Delaware. The centerpiece is the shallow Teshekpuk Lake, larger in area than Lake Tahoe.
Teshekpuk and the area surrounding it is vital to a rich array of birds that journey there from around the world — from ducks and geese to shorebirds, gulls and jaegers, according to a 2013 study in the journal Conservation Biology. Every spring at least 29 species of shorebirds — perhaps six million of them — land there from other continents to breed, nest and raise their young. It’s an international nursery, at the edge of the continent.
copyright NYT -. To read the full article please visit the NYT-Website.
That might interest you as well
Message 4 of 70
- « First
- Florian featured in National Geographic magazine
- Guest post on National Geographic´s instragram
- Florian featured in National Geographic Article
- Florian featured in the New York Times
- "Into the Arctic Kingdom"- sold out
- Join Florian "Into the Arctic Kingdom" - Seattle
- Join Florian "Into the Arctic Kingdom" - Washington, DC
- Give Refuge – Help Florian and Patagonia to help
- Florian featured in japanese magazine DAYS JAPAN
- Florian featured in Audubon Magazine
- Florian featured in the Nikon 100 campaign
- What are you doing in October?
- Florian featured in the NHM coffee-table book - Unforgettable Behaviour
- Florian featured on WWF Website
- Florian featured in Defenders Magazine
- ANWR and Florian featured on Audubon Website
- Florian featured on Audubon Website
- Florian featured in Alpin Magazine
- 23.5°- Florian interviewed by Sam Champion
- Patagonia - Interview with Florian Schulz
- The Arctic Refuge Campaign – Featuring Florian Schulz
- Florians new Book / Florians neues Buch
- Florian featured in the 40 Years GEO Magazine
- Florian featured in Terre Sauvage
- Exhibit opening "Grenzenlose Wildnis"
- Florians new Book: The Wild Edge
- 50 Years of Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Florian featured in the NHM coffee-table book
- Nikon D600 ISO Performance
- On Speaking Tour in the US – October
- Ruf der Wildnis – Call of the Wild
- Back from the ice
- Gliding through a frozen world…
- Expanding my work on the Arctic
- Musk Oxen: Sovereings of the Arctic
- F2R – Moving North – Winged Migration
- F2R – Moving North – Ocean wanderers
- Arctic Dreams…
- Mosquito heaven follow-up
- Mosquito heaven
- Grizzly greetings……. Welcome to Wilderness
- Finally up in the air!
- Freedom to Roam featured in Outdoor Photographer
- Canada selling out World Treasures!
- In the Presence of Bears: Waterton-Glacier Peace Park
- GOT PATIENCE ???
- Got patience ??? – 72 hours in a blind!
- Prudhoe Bay – Largest Oilfield in North America
- Over the Arctic Plains
- Flying beyond the Arctic Circle
- Great little Gadget – Nikon GP-1 GPS receiver
- Overflying Alaska in a Wilga, a bush plane!
- Nikon D3x – the DSLR 24.5 mp machine
- What means Wilderness to you?
- Exploring the Western Arctic
- From Baja to Anchorage, what a change!
- The Underwater World of Cabo Pulmo
- Ballerinas of the Sea – Espiritu Santo Island
- Encounters with the Giant Blue
- An icon of hope and survival: The Grey Whale
- "Trust Me" on the water…
- People looking at the Y2Y Exhibit in The Field Museum
- A Trimaran drive through the Baja Peninsula
- Wild Migrations: Surviving the River Crossing
- Horned Guan awarded as Highly Honored under the Endangered Species Category
- Award goes to Florian's Quetzal Panoramic Image
- Conservation Photographer of the Year 2008
- Expeditions in the Alaskan Arctic, Part 1
- Sandpipers: Wild Migrations – PART 1
- Voices Behind the Camera
- Last »